This page explains how you may use this website (the Site) and our associated policies on privacy and cookies. By accessing or using this Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the policies set out below.
If you have any questions about the Site, please contact RobertMiall@ChichesterWineSociety.com
Content’ means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or on the Site;
‘Website acceptable use policy’ means the policy set out in clause 3 below, which governs your permitted use of the Site;
‘We, us or our’ means the Chichester Wine Society, an unincorporated society;
‘You or your’ means the person accessing or using the Site or its Content.
3. Using the Site
We permit you to use the Site only for personal, non-commercial purposes and primarily for accessing information about us. Use of the Site in any other way, including in contravention of any restriction on use set out in this policy, is not permitted.
As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
- not to use the Site for any purpose that is unlawful under any applicable law or prohibited by this policy or our general website terms and conditions of use;
- not to use the Site to commit any act of fraud;
- not to use the Site to distribute viruses or malware or other similar harmful software code;
- not to use the Site for purposes of promoting unsolicited advertising or sending spam;
- not to use the Site to simulate communications from us or another service or entity in order to collect identity information, authentication credentials, or other information (‘phishing’);
- not to use the Site in any manner that disrupts the operation of our Site or business or the website or business of any other entity;
- not to use the Site in any manner that harms minors;
- not to promote any unlawful activity;
- not to represent or suggest that we endorse any other business, product or service unless we have separately agreed to do so in writing;
- not to use the Site to gain unauthorised access to or use of computers, data, systems, accounts or networks;
- not to attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods used on the Site; and
- to comply with the provisions relating to our intellectual property rights and software contained in clause 5.
4. Linking and framing
You may create a link to ourSite from another website without our prior written consent provided no such link:
- creates a frame or any other browser or border environment around the content of our Site;
- implies that we endorse your products or services or any of the products or services of, or available through, the website on which you place a link to our Site;
- displays any of the trade marks or logos used on our Site without our permission or that of the owner of such trade marks or logos; or
- is placed on a website that itself does not meet the acceptable use requirements of this policy.
We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to the Site at any time, and you shall immediately comply with any request by us to remove any such link.
5. Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
You may not use the Chichester Wine Society name except in accordance with this policy and our website terms and conditions of use.
This Site and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any Content are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable).
Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any legal rights in the Site or the Content other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site.
6. Submitting information to the Site
If you upload or submit anything to the Site, you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free licence to store copies of it and to distribute it through the Site.
While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential.
Therefore, we will not be legally responsible for keeping any information submitted to us confidential nor will we be legally responsible to you or anybody else for any use of such unwanted submissions.
7. Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk.
We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
Any Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes.
While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Site.
8. Hyperlinks and third party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
- 9. Privacy
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Chichester Wine Society (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the data controller.
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained . These purposes include:
- to help us identify you;
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
- fraud prevention and detection;
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you;
- security vetting; and
- improving our services.
We will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless legally obliged so to do.
We will only contact you by post, telephone or email about the Society if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time by sending an email to Robert.Miall@chichesterwinesociety.com.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his or her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data;
- receive on his or her behalf any data protection notices; and
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time);
- to help improve our content and services and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests;
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
11. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these terms caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion or accident.
12. Limitation on our liability
- death or personal injury caused by our negligent acts or omissions (or those of any of our employees or agents);
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- breach of any of the provisions implied into these terms and conditions under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (or any other law);
we will only be liable for any loss or damage that is a reasonably foreseeable consequence of a breach of these terms and conditions. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time these terms and conditions are entered into. We are not responsible for indirect losses that happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us (such as loss of profits or loss of opportunity).
13. Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these terms and conditions has any right to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
We shall apply the terms of this policy in our absolute discretion. In the event of your breach of these terms we may terminate or suspend your use of the Site, remove or edit any materials you submit to the Site, disclose them to law enforcement authorities or take any action we consider necessary to remedy the breach.
We will try to resolve any disputes quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the way we deal with any dispute and you want to take court proceedings, the courts of England will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Terms. English law will apply to these Terms.
These terms are dated 20 March 2015. No changes to these terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.